Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bridezilla, and why I refuse to be one

I am not going to be Bridezilla. I promise here on this website, which is read by friends and family, that I will not turn into Bridezilla, which is this freaky breed of person that some female people who are going to be married turn into when faced with the task of planning their "big day."
Here are my promises:
1. My bridesmaids are picking their own dresses, ie. having them made. The fabric for these dresses will not be itchy or pink.
2. I will not try to burn the church down with 1 million candles. The candles I do get will be from Catholics, who know how to make candles that burn slowly and don't drip everywhere.
3. I don't care about what people wear to my wedding. You can come in jeans and a t-shirt.
4. I have very few expectations about how things "should" go. The only one I have is that something will go wrong, like I will trip on the hem of my dress and fall flat on my nose while walking up or down the aisle, and will step on somebody or trip on some cord at least once at the reception.
5. I am not getting a seperate outfit, or my hair done, or my nails done for my bridal shower or any sort of bachelorette that may or may not take place.
6. I am not reading 5 hundred books on perfect weddings.
7. I have not dreamt of my wedding dress since I was 4. It never occurred to me that it was terribly important as a child.
8. I will not freak out about anything. Honestly.
9. I am not the most important person in the universe. Not ever. Not even on May 5, 2007.
10. I will worry more about having a good time than about details.

No Bridezilla. You heard it here first.
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    congrats on the resolve not to be a bridezilla! It's tough when there is so much pressure to create the "perfect" day. sounds like the plans are in full swing?
    Love Magda

    ReplyDelete

Followers