Saturday, November 15, 2008

St.Jacob's

Today, David and I braved the rain to take a small trip to St. Jacob's Village. I think we've mentioned going to the St. Jacob's Farmers' Market, which is one of my favourite places in this area. We had lunch at the market today... the food court is indoors, and I think that's why it was crazy busy. The food court is always crazy busy, but I think because of the rain, everyone was hiding out indoors.
We went to go see "The Mennonite Story," which is a small Mennonite museum in the downtown of the Village. It was very interactive... lots of video clips, maps that lit up, pictures, artifacts. David loves museums that are interactive... so he really loved this one. It is totally worth a visit, even though it is pretty small. It traces the journey of the two main "kinds" of Mennonites, the Swiss ones and the Dutch ones. And in the portion of the exhibit about Mennonites around the world, there was a huge picture of Leah Bock, which was fun... a familiar face. :-)
David and I both have schoolwork to do this weekend, since the term is quickly drawing to a close. Amazing to think that my first term of MA work is almost over!! My students write their final exam on December 19, and David and I are heading back to Winnipeg on December 24. I am so excited to get home to see everyone and relax! (although I will be working on my thesis proposal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers