On Friday, David and I went to spend the evening in the small town of Wellesley, Ontario, where our midwife and dear friend Cindy lives. It was Christmas Tyme (that's actually what it's called, not a typo.) It's a real small town Christmas parade, and is followed by a real life nativity (with a camel!!) and a tree-lighting ceremony. It's so cute. All the businesses & churches in town have a float, and all the fire trucks and snow ploughs are decorated festively with their horns blaring. I think our favourite part were the Shriners in their mini-cars... a mini police car, fire engine, taxi, etc. It was hilarious because there were these old men in funny sparkly hats whizzing around in these tiny ridiculous cars. Afterwards we went to Cindy's for dinner & hot tea. Since I was sick for the Kitchener Christmas market last weekend, it was nice to do something to get into the Christmas spirit.
David & Cindy brave the cold (it wasn't THAT cold, but David was freezing as soon as we walked out the door.)
Looks kind of like the scene of an accident, but really, it's the fire trucks roaring along the road honking at everyone.
How small town is this?!
This was the funniest truck. Jumbo hotdogs.
I told you there was a camel. We felt kind of sorry for him because he was covered in snow.
Re: "No Snowmobiles" sign
ReplyDeleteMore like, how CANADIAN is this?!
I love these pictures. Looks like a cold, but good time!