Thursday, May 21, 2009

Auntie Anna's Visit

On Friday, May 15, David, Mateo & I picked up Anna from the airport.  She spent a wonderful weekend with us, getting to know Mateo & catching up with me. 
On Friday we did some shopping on our way home from Pearson... making a stop at one of my favourite stores, Bath & Bodyworks at the Guelph mall. 
Insta-sleep: if only it was this easy for all of us to fall asleep.

On Saturday, we went to a very popular Menno restaurant in Elmira called At the Crossraods, which has an unbelievable breakfast buffet. Seriously, I have never seen a buffet like it (pancakes, waffles, French toast, a zillion different pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, peameal, baked beans, fresh fruit, pudding, cottage cheese, whipped cream, toast, oatmeal, cold cereal, you get the idea...). Unfortunately, I have to make due with a menu item, but I nibble off of other people's plates ;) After breakfast, we went to the St. Jacob's Farmers' Market. It was incredibly busy (!!) & kind of drizzly, but the cherries were cheap and the Noah Martin summer sausage was tasty. 
On Sunday, we went to church in the morning, & in the afternoon, Anna, Mateo & I went to the H&M in Cambridge. The whole trip took a little bit longer than planned, because I am unable to navigate my way out of a paper bag, much less find the correct exit off the 401. Sigh. In the evening, Susie & Ryan came over from Hamilton for a BBQ. (You have to love the close viscinity of everything in southern Ontario.)
Susie & Mateo
On Monday, we went to Rockwood Conservation Area for a picnic & canoe trip with Kristen, Bryan & Oliver Berg. The day was gorgeous, with lots of sun & a cool breeze, the lake still and great for canoeing. Oliver got his first canoe ride, eventhough he was not so very excited about wearing his life jacket.
Oliver, totally impressed about lifejackets...

Oliver's first canoe ride

Anna trying out the super baby carrier. Mateo likes it.

Family shot at the Old Mill

OnTuesday, Anna, Mateo & I went to the Kitchener Waterloo Art Gallery followed by a lovely picnic in Waterloo Park.

Hanging out at the park

Really, I love it when people kiss me.
We hadn't seen Anna since Christmas, and it was so wonderful to spend time together and for her to get to spend time with Mateo. It gave me a foretaste of what it will be like to spend time in Winnipeg with him. I'm coming soon, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers